Tribune Sk Gone

9 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Tolton

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Drove thru Tribune on way back from Air Drill training in Fort Qu'Appelle, didn't see any elevator. Went back to check after work, Tribune UGG/Pioneer is gone.

#2 The Vatorman

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFalcon, CO

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

And that was a relatively 'newer' woodie; dang.
Thanks for the update Matt.

Glenn

#3 Chris Attrell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,579 posts
  • LocationShaunavon, SK

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

That is kind of odd. But I am pretty sure Viterra still owned it last time I was around, and it seems to be policy now to destroy them rather then sale them once they abandon them.

#4 Matt Tolton

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostChris Attrell, on 20 April 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

That is kind of odd. But I am pretty sure Viterra still owned it last time I was around, and it seems to be policy now to destroy them rather then sale them once they abandon them.

Pioneer owned it

#5 The Vatorman

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFalcon, CO

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

You are correct Matt.
According to the Grain Commission; in 2009 it was Richardson Pioneer Ltd. In 2006 it was UGG/Agricore's (and was probably sold to Pioneer as part of the Viterra deal by August 2007.) There is no listing after 2009.

Glenn

#6 KermitC

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

This is very interesting since the South East Enterprise Region announced a new shortline to run on this line up to Tribune. Of course the track is paved over at Tribune and major work would have to commence shortly. I'm starting to seriously doubt this rail line, the only info I can find is on the Enterprise Region site and a load of job listings made in the late fall of 2011. I walked part of the line back in 2010 and it needs a lot of work. I think the last time CP operated on here was at least five to ten years ago, so the rail bed would be in need of serious repair. An early draft of the rail network by the province listed the rail line, but that draft also contained errors that included rail lines already pulled. The final draft does not list the railway, nor has the province attempted to complete a new one for 2012. Ticks me off, I had previously skipped this elevator in favour of some of the older ones along this old line.

#7 Matt Tolton

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostKermitC, on 21 April 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

This is very interesting since the South East Enterprise Region announced a new shortline to run on this line up to Tribune. Of course the track is paved over at Tribune and major work would have to commence shortly. I'm starting to seriously doubt this rail line, the only info I can find is on the Enterprise Region site and a load of job listings made in the late fall of 2011. I walked part of the line back in 2010 and it needs a lot of work. I think the last time CP operated on here was at least five to ten years ago, so the rail bed would be in need of serious repair. An early draft of the rail network by the province listed the rail line, but that draft also contained errors that included rail lines already pulled. The final draft does not list the railway, nor has the province attempted to complete a new one for 2012. Ticks me off, I had previously skipped this elevator in favour of some of the older ones along this old line.

I work at Bromhead,the line is being repaired. All crossings between Tribune amd Outram have been repaired properly

#8 KermitC

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Thats good, when do you think the line will be in operation? What is the planned customer base going to be?

#9 Matt Tolton

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Bakken/Torquay oilfields

#10 Chris Attrell

Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,579 posts
  • LocationShaunavon, SK

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

Wow that is interesting they rehabing that line. Hope you get a chance to photograph the train going through Bromhead.