The grain elevator in Radway, Alberta is the last remnant of Alberta’s flour milling industry.
This elevator was built in 1929 by Withold Krause, who designed and built the adjoining flour mill in 1931. The mill operated through World War 2.
Krause sold the mill after the war, and it was operated by International Grain Company and later as Radway Flour Mills. The mill was shut down in 1953.
The elevator was refurbished between 2018 and 2020.
There is also a seed cleaning plant in Radway.
Radway is on the CN Coronado subdivision, but does not have rail service.
Back to Alberta grain elevators