The town of Beausejour, Manitoba hosts a single concrete grain elevator. This elevator is owned by Viterra and has a capacity of 12,070 tonnes. The elevator is served by the Lake Line Railroad.
This elevator was the first concrete grain elevator built by UGG. It was built in 1989 and had a siding capacity of 25 rail cars, and could load rail cars at 250 tonnes/hour.
The town used to have a Manitoba Pool grain elevator, built in 1954, but that was demolished on September 30, 2012.
Other grain elevators that existed in Beausejour include:
- 1916, Lake of the Woods, 18,000 bushels – destroyed by lightning
- 1921, Dominion Elevator Company
- 1953 or 1954, Manitoba Pool built Pool A
- 1959, UGG acquired the Dominion elevator company elevators (2 at that time)
- 1959, Lake of the Woods elevator became Pool B (came down sometime between 2001 and 2007)
Back to Manitoba grain elevators