The Beulah grain elevator is a former Manitoba Pool grain elevator, built in 1922 and operated by the Pool until the mid 1970s when the CN Rapid City rail subdivision was abandoned. At one time it had a six bin balloon annex beside it.
This elevator was owned by a local farmer’s cooperative but it does not appear to have been used in the past few years.
The first official train on the Canadian Northern line from Hallboro to Beulah was on July 1, 1911. Beulah received passenger service by a mixed train until 1959, when the coach attached to the wayfeight was discontinued. From that time Beulah received rail service once a week.
Back to Manitoba grain elevators