There is one grain elevator in Cartwright, Manitoba – a former Manitoba Pool elevator built in the mid-1980s. It is now privately owned.
The first Pool elevator in Cartwright was built in 1927.
Cartwright was served by the CP Napinka subdivision, but lost its rail service when that subdivision was cut back to near Killarney. Cartwright was originally about 2 miles north of where it is today, but when the CPR built the railway south of the town in 1885, the town was moved.
- A lovely print of the Cartwright grain elevator in the National Gallery of Canada, taken in 1932 by Orest Semchishen.
- The Southern Manitoba Review, published in Cartwright
Back to Manitoba grain elevators