The McKinney grain elevator and annex is the sole remaining elevator in Coulter, Manitoba.
Coulter was on the CP Lyleton subdivision until a bridge over the Souris River was washed out in 1976, severing the rail line between Dalny and Coulter.
This elevator was built by the Manitoba Pool in 1928 , closed in 1971 and is now privately owned. It was Pool elevator #99. It is now lettered for McKinney Farms.
The structure appears to be in fair shape but the annex has developed quite a lean.
There are about a dozen houses in Coulter, which is just off provincial road 251 and about 10 km north of the Canada-US border.
Back to Manitoba grain elevators