UGG built a grain elevator in Cranmer in 1913. This elevator collapsed in September 1928. The UGG rebuilt it in 1929 and it received an annex in 1953, for a total storage capacity of 84,000 bushels.
There was a second elevator at Cranmer, built by Matheson-Lindsay Grain in 1927. It changed hands a couple of times (to Province and then Reliance) before being acquired by UGG in 1948.
Both elevators were closed in December 1975.
Back to Manitoba grain elevators