The town of Kelwood, Manitoba used to have at least two grain elevators. The photo above shows a Purity Flour grain elevator and an unmarked elevator. The presence of Canadian Northern boxcars indicates it is from the 1900s or 1910s.
In 1927, UGG built a 32,000 bushel grain elevator and later added a 25,000 bushel annex in 1951. Source: Manitoba Historical Society
Western Canada Flour Mills built an elevator in Kelwood in 1929, which was taken over by the Manitoba Pool around 1940.
Kelwood was on the CN Neepawa subdivision.
Back to Manitoba grain elevators