The Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Woodnorth was built in 1960 and was closed in 1981. The elevator was moved to nearby Cromer later that year.
The first grain elevator in Woodnorth appears to have been built by the Grain Growers Grain Company (predecessor of UGG) and was numbered #6. It was later relettered as UGG #165.
Later Woodnorth also had a Manitoba Pool Elevator (#135), and a British American (later National) grain elevator that burned in 1950 after being struck by lightning.
There is a great deal of information on Woodnorth here.
Back to Manitoba grain elevators