The grain elevator in Arcola, Saskatchewan is an ex Saskatchewan Wheat Pool elevator. Its roof was recently replaced and appears to be in private use for grain storage.
Arcola is a town of about 500 people. The area was first settled around 1882 and the CPR arrived in 1901. It officially became a town in 1903. Recently shale oil has become a large part of the local economy.
The town has several historic buildings, including the Merchant’s Bank of Canada (built 1905) and the Land Titles Building (built 1912).
Around 1907, Arcola had at least four grain elevators, including a Farmer’s Elevator, Northern Elevator Company, and Western Flour.
Back to Saskatchewan grain elevators