The town of Mazenod, Saskatchewan once had a Saskatchewan Wheat Pool grain elevator. This elevator had two annexes.
Mazenod is located southwest of Moose Jaw. The first grain elevator was built in 1913. It was incorporated as a village on June 22, 1917 and reached a peak population of about 180 before declining through the 1960s and 1970s. In 1979 the village still had two grain elevators but none remain now.
An aerial photograph from the 1950s shows six grain elevators in Mazenod – two Pool elevators, two Patersons and two Federals. The elevator pictured from 1994 appears to be the first of the Pool elevators in the aerial photograph.
Back to Saskatchewan grain elevators