The town of Sintaluta, Saskatchewan has a pair of grain elevators.
One of the grain elevators consists of two elevators and an annex, all joined together. The taller of the two is an ex National, ex Cargill grain elevator (built in 1965) marked for Sintaluta Seed Cleaning / Whispering Pine Farms.
The shorter of the two is one of the oldest grain elevators in Saskatchewan, built for the Crown Elevator Company between 1901 and 1903. This elevator was converted to an annex when the larger elevator was built beside it in 1965. The elevator was sold to a local farmer in 1990.
The second grain elevator is an ex Saskatchewan Wheat Pool “A” elevator. The elevator has a 1967 Centennial symbol painted on the cupola of the elevator.
Sintaluta is known as the home of E.A. Partridge, who established the concept of farmer-owned cooperatives and who co-founded the United Grain Growers (UGG).
Back to Saskatchewan grain elevators