The Oberon grain elevator is located along highway 353, just off highway 5 south of Neepawa.
This elevator, a former Manitoba Pool elevator, was located on the CP Varcoe subdivision. The original elevator was built around 1903 by the Ogilvie Milling Company. In 1959 the Manitoba Pool rebuilt the elevator.
The Canadian Pacific Railway line was abandoned in August 1978. The elevator was acquired by a local farm and continues to be used for grain storage.
One of the two sheds beside the elevator appears to be the original 1903 office.
Back to Manitoba grain elevators