There are two grain elevators in Glossop, Manitoba. They are now owned by Parrish & Heimbecker.
The larger steel elevator was a Pioneer elevator – built in 1994 – which now has a series of steel bins attached to it. It has a capacity of 22,000 tonnes and can handle 11,000 bushes per hour. The facility also stores up to 1,600 tonnes of fertilizer.
There is a wooden grain elevator near the concrete one. The wooden elevator was originally built in Elphinstone, Manitoba by Inter-Ocean Grain. It was sold to Pioneer Grain in 1972 and moved to this site. It is now owned by Parrish & Heimbecker.
These elevators were sold by James Richardson International (Pioneer) in 2007 as part of a consolidation started by the Saskatchewan Wheat Pool acquiring Agricore.
These elevators are served by Canadian Pacific via the CP Bredenbury subdivision.
Glossop had a Manitoba Pool elevator (#203) from 1948 to 1976, according to the MHS.
In the 1990s, Pioneer had two grain elevator sets in Glossop. One was a standalone wooden elevator, and the other was an agglomeration of two grain elevators, an annex and two steel bins.
In 1994, Pioneer built a steel grain elevator on site. Components were on site by May and continued through the remainder of the year.
Back to Manitoba grain elevators