There was one grain elevator in La Salle, Manitoba that owned by Paterson Grain. The elevator was located on the CP La Riviere subdivision. It was listed in CP’s Canadian Grain Elevator and Terminal Directory as having a capacity of 4,150 metric tonnes.
Demolition of the elevator began in early August 2020, and the elevator was toppled on August 22.
The following elevators were built in La Salle*:
- A private elevator, built by Moise Cormier in 1902 or 1904, sold to N.M. Paterson in 1915
- Imperial Elevator, burned in 1908
- Ogilvie Flour Mills Elevator, moved to Dominion City in 1911
- N.M. Paterson elevator, built in 1938, expanded in 1940, 1955, 1964 and 1983. The 1983 expansion included adding two steel bins and a dust collection system.
* from “Then to Now – The History of La Salle, Manitoba”.
There is a lovely woodcut by Walter Joseph Phillips depicting one of La Salle’s grain elevators.
Back to Manitoba grain elevators