The Marquette grain elevator was a wooden grain elevator on the Canadian Pacific Railway main line (CP Carberry subdivision). The elevator was owned by N.M. Paterson and was demolished in September 2013.
The elevator consisted of a central wooden elevator (with driveway) and two large steel bins. It only had a capacity of 1,970 tonnes, quite small for modern elevators. It was built in 1920. There was a second elevator, built in 1941 and sold in 1974.
Its small size no doubt contributed to the decision to demolish the elevator.
Back to Manitoba grain elevators