The Solsgirth grain elevator is an ex Manitoba Pool, ex Cargill elevator located in the ghost town of Solsgirth, Manitoba.
The original Manitoba Pool grain elevator (the “B” elevator) was built in 1928 and renovated in 1985 to a capacity of 5,280 tonnes. Steel bins were added in February 1991. It was still present in 2000 but is no longer there.
The current elevator is the former “A” elevator with a capacity of 3,350 tonnes.
At one time there was a UGG grain elevator in Solsgirth as well. It may have been the former National Grain elevator – see photo below of a derailment at the elevator in 1970.
Solsgirth is on the CP Bredenbury subdivision and has a railway siding.
Solsgirth has a pair of old churches, the Ukrainian Church of the Holy Spirit and the St. Stephen Anglican Church.
Back to Manitoba grain elevators